Thursday, February 18, 2010

Continuing research 2/18/2010

Today I spent a couple of hours researching my topic in the library. I found some really insightful articles through some of the library's databases. The first is "Jose Marti and Paulo Freire: Approaches for a reading of the Critical Pedagogy". It is an article linking both Freire and Marti (two of the theorists i'm researching) together. The article suggests that Freire and Marti were both concerned with the liberation of oppressed peoples through some form of 'critical pedagogy'. To the writer, critical pedagogy provides an alternative to Oppressive Pedagogy. It promotes a critical mind and dialogue in order to create in the student a 'humanist vision'.

The other article I found was a philosophical analysis of Jose Marti's work by Raul Fornet-Betancourt. I haven't read this article in its entirety, but I believe it will prove helpful in my analysis of Marti (and especially his influence on Latin American thought).

No comments:

Post a Comment